It’s that time of year again, and we send you an enthusiastic call-to-action on behalf of The Right Brain Initiative!
Because of the support of generous contributors like you, we have grown to serve nearly 1,400 K-8 educators and 27,500 students throughout the tri-county area annually. Through our arts-based teaching strategies, students learn about subjects like botany through dance, history through storytelling, genetics through stop-motion filmmaking, and math through songwriting. We change “have to” to “want to” in the classroom, improving engagement and learning outcomes for all students, not just those from wealthy schools.
Right Brain is thrilled to have once again been selected to participate in the Willamette Week’s Give!Guide, an innovative online fundraising campaign for local non-profits. We’ve set a goal to raise $20,000 from 275 donors through the Guide by December 31, 2016. With just shy of seven weeks left in the campaign, we know that we will need all hands on deck to reach our goal, so we are calling on all our advocates, and asking for your support!
That said, we’re happy to share that no matter how you contribute to Right Brain, you will be handsomely rewarded for your investment in our cause! There are many ways you can support us:
- Join us in making a donation to Right Brain through the Guide (find Right Brain in the Education category)—the sooner the better!
- Spread the word to your friends, family and colleagues via Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and email.
- With the goal of defending our six-year winning streak for the most new “young donors” in our category, those of you who encourage your friends and family aged 35 and under to contribute will receive a ticket in the hat for a $100 Visa gift card for every newbie you recruit! Simply ask them to list your name in the In Honor Of section, followed by “- RB Challenge”. Yes, you can give on behalf of yourself and it still counts if you are under 35!
- In addition to the hundreds of generous incentives from local businesses like Stumptown Coffee, Salt and Straw and Por que No? to ALL donors of $10 or more via the Willamette Week, we have decided to make things interesting for Right Brain donors specifically, by raffling off Two Club Seats to the Trail Blazers game vs. Golden State along with team autographed ball. You’ll earn one raffle ticket for every $10 you contribute—it’s a win-win!
- Give $10 or more on any of these specific Give!Guide Big Give days and be entered to win any number of these super fly prizes:
- November 10th: $500 Powell’s Bookstore Shopping Spree
- November 17th: Portland Thorns & Timbers Tickets Package
- November 29th: A Trek Road Bike
- December 8th: A Salt & Straw Party for 60 at Pip’s & Bounce
- December 15th: A “98,000 Square Foot Miles of Yes” Vacation Package
(Visit https://giveguide.org/#big-days for full prize item details)
As you know, building Right Brain up to serve every child in the region takes the work of government, non-profits, school districts, businesses, foundations, and you. It’s a true community partnership, and we thank you in advance for support in this team effort!
Please contribute here by December 31.