The Right Brain Initiative is thrilled to be back in the 2017 Willamette Week Give!Guide, an innovative online fundraising campaign for 149 local non-profits, for the eighth consecutive year. We’ve kicked off the 2017–18 school year by empowering over 29,000 students and 1,700 educators to discover their creative voices. Now we’re ready to hear yours!
Express your own voice by supporting young creative thinkers in our schools. We need our entire community to work arm-in-arm with us to create lasting change within our schools so that every kid has the chance to discover their inner artist!
Between November 1 and December 31st you can discover your voice at:
Need more reasons to give? No problem. You get all sorts of sweet incentives when you give through the Give!Guide. There are incentives to donors no matter how big or small your gift (hint: every gift, of any size, makes a BIG difference for Right Brain)! Give!Guide incentives come in three forms:
- Donors who give between $10-999 receive a code to access their incentives in the Chinook Book mobile app, including items like:
- a free scoop of ice cream at Salt & Straw
- a free cup of coffee at Stumptown Coffee Roasters
- a free croissant at Ken’s Artisan Bakery
- a free pastry at Gluten Free Gem
- a free cup of coffee at Nossa Familia Coffee
- and 600+ other freebies and discounts across Portland in the Chinook Book mobile app**Yes, you’re reading this correctly…you get so much free stuff that they’re practically paying YOU to give!
- Donors who give $1,000 or above will receive bags filled with incentives delivered to their home.
- There are also numerous Big Give Days (and in which every donation you make enters you into a raffle to win all sorts of great prizes:
- November 9: $500 Shopping Spree at Powell’s Books
- November 13: (for anyone 35 years old and under) $250 gift certificate to Tender Loving Empire, a basket of Tender Loving Empire goodies, five autographed copies of their latest vinyl, and four tickets to any 2018 show headlined by a Tender Loving Empire artist
- November 16: Two nights at Brasada Ranch in a luxury suite and a round of golf
- November 30: Two VIP tickets and early entry to the Portugal the Man show at McMenamin’s Crystal Ballroom on 12/17/2017, plus a Euro Queen hotel room at the Crystal Hotel, $80 worth of dinner and breakfast vouchers at Zeus Café, a free taster tray in the Annex, and free pool and shuffleboard in Ringlers Pub
- December 4: (for anyone 35 years old and under) Sony Alpha a6300 camera and a 16-50mm zoom lens from Pro Photo Supply
- December 7: Trek FX bike from Bike Gallery
- December 14: Two tickets to the Portland Trail Blazers vs. Denver Nuggets, two tickets to the Portland Trail Blazers vs. Philadelphia 76ers games, and a jersey signed by Evan Turner
- December 21: a 60-person Salt & Straw ice cream and ping pong party at Pips & Bounce
- December 28: the Oregon Cultural Trust challenges donors to “Give Big and Get Out” across this amazing state of ours by offering a vacation package
So, now’s the time to discover your voice and support young critical thinkers by donating to Right Brain before December 31st at: