Dear Right Brain Super Hero,
During this season of thanks, we can’t help but reflect on the plethora of things we are grateful for! As such, we invite all of you to join us in celebrating our TOP three game-changing reflections of gratitude!:
- Hundreds of phenomenal K-8 educators
In 2018, 1,754 teachers have used the arts to inspire 29,630 burgeoning K-8 brains across all core classroom subjects. Using every medium imaginable, this year students learned about things like mindfulness through stop-motion animation, penguins through ballet, science through Taiko drumming and so much more!
- Our 2nd annual SHIFT: an experiment in fashion design runway show!
In September, 25 designers/teams (grown-ups and kids of all skill levels) debuted innovative runway garments made from recycled materials and found objects to help raise money for our work in schools. Click here to check out some images from the event!
- Incredible community partners like YOU!
We are grateful for YOU, our supporters who have in so many ways buttressed our quest for creativity and excellence in public school classrooms throughout the Portland-metro region. The generosity of our incredible community, (both in time and in dollars), is the reason we are able to help teachers like Laresa Beck and her student Mamadee reach their full potential. Witness the power of our work in her classroom, here.
As some of you may have noticed, this year we are absent from the Willamette Week Give!Guide (making way for other well-deserving organizations in our community). While we don’t have tons of fancy incentives, we would like to share a couple of fun donor gifts, should you consider Right Brain in your year-end giving:
- Give $60+ (or $5 a month) and earn an Arts Card, entitling you to 2-for-1 tickets to hundreds of local arts events for a full year!
- Contribute $250+ between now and December 31st to also receive a free general admission ticket to our third annual event, SHIFT: an experiment in fashion design in September 2019!
Thank you in advance for your consideration and for all you do for Right Brain!
The Right Brain Team