During this long Thanksgiving weekend, we spent time thinking about what we are grateful for:
- OUR STUDENTS This year, The Right Brain Initiative will reach 20,000 students. The joy we see in our students’ faces when they participate in creative exploration is why we do this work.
- COMMUNITY SUPPORT: Our principals, teachers, parents, districts and community leaders are imperative to the success of our program. These local supporters advocate for the right of every student to an arts education, representing a major commitment from our community.
- OUR DONORS: It costs $55 per student served to sustain our program. With a $15 per student investment from school districts, this means we must raise an additional $40 per child each year, and our donors help us make it happen.
We are also extremely thankful to participate in the Willamette Week Give!Guide this winter to grow our individual giving. The Right Brain Initiative grew by 40% in this year alone. As we continue to reach more and more students, the need for individual giving rises. The Give!Guide is also a great opportunity to earn rewards for your gifts.
The Give!Guide offers incentives from local businesses for individuals who donate to local non-profits. Starting at $10, you receive freebies and discounts all around Portland from businesses such as Salt & Straw, Stumptown Coffee Roasters, ¿Por Qué No? Taqueria, Portland Center Stage, Music Millennium, and many others. Watch our Twitter feed for updates on Big Give Days. Giving as little as $10 on these days enters you to win prizes such as:
- TODAY! December 2: Enter to win a Trek Allant 7 bicycle from Bike Gallery
- December 11: Enter to win an ice cream party for 200 from Salt & Straw
- December 18: Enter to win a case of spirits from Rogue Distillery
In addition to these incentives, The Right Brain Initiative offers more reasons to give:
- All donations made through the Give!Guide are eligible for additional rewards through our Brain Trust donor incentive program.
- The Trail Blazers Make It Better Foundation will match the first $4,000 donated.
- Donations for $250 and more are matched through the Maybelle Clark Macdonald Fund.
The Give!Guide is our biggest fundraiser of the year. Our goal for this year is to raise $17,000 from 300 donors by the Give!Guide deadline of December 31st. The McMenamins challenge offers an extra $1,000 to the organization with the most donors age 35 and younger in each category. Give today to help us reach these goals and bring us one step closer to our goal of bringing arts integration to all students in the region!