How right brains grow big:
1. The Right Brain Initiative works with school district leaders to identify schools for participation.
2. Once a school is on board, an arts planning team is created, consisting of two teachers, an administrator, and an arts specialist. Each school is matched with an Arts Integration Faciltator from the Right Brain staff.
3. Professional development is provided for planning teams.
4. School planning teams, with input from school staff, identify learning goals and select an artist from our artist roster.
5. The selected artist and school arts team co-plan the student experiences to ensure appropriate curriculum connections to meet learning goals. The creative sparks fly when in the words of one teacher “dance becomes astronomy, theater becomes history and drumming becomes geography.”
6. Samples of student work and reflections from teachers, students, and artists are collected for evidence of learning and examined to create new strategies for continual program improvement.