The Right Brain Initiative seeks new interns for the fall term. Keep reading, and you’ll see the first of two listings. Learn what it really means to run a new, ambitious program aimed at impacting our school districts long into the future.
The Outreach Intern will assist the Outreach Specialist in delivering advocacy and marketing activities to the public on behalf of The Right Brain Initiative. The intern’s primary work will focus on Right Brain’s new traveling exhibit, including coordinating logistics and staffing the exhibit during open hours. The intern will also assist with social media through processing and posting images to Flickr site; assisting with building emails in Vertical Response; and tracking online activity through Google Analytics and other tools. Opportunities to publish on Right Brain’s blog may also be available.
This internship is ideal for those interested in a career in non-profit communications and advocacy. This is an unpaid position; school credit is possible based on your educational program.
This internship requires a minimum of 12 hours per week. The term of this position lasts from September 7 to December 10, 2010.
• Attention to detail
• Intimate familiarity with social media tools – Facebook, Twitter, Flickr, YouTube
• Dedication to quality
• Ability to positively engage the public
• Ability to learn quickly
• Ability to work independently, and with initiative
• Ability to remain flexible and focused in a fast-paced environment
• Sincere interest in arts education
• Familiarity with Microsoft Excel
• Familiarity with direct email programs
• Familiarity with Photoshop CS
• Excellent writing for communications
• Photography skills
Please submit resume and cover letter to Rebecca Burrell, Outreach Specialist at firstname.lastname@example.org by August 30, 2010. Digital applications only, please.