The Right Brain Initiative seeks new interns for the fall term. This is the second of two swell opportunities currently open for applications. See also the Outreach Intern position.
The Program Intern will assist the Program Specialist in program documentation and evaluation activities on behalf of The Right Brain Initiative. The intern’s primary work will focus on the collection and organization of photography, videography, meeting notes, and student work samples in order to evaluate learning through The Right Brain Initiative. The intern will also assist with the preparations for presentation and sharing of this documentation to participating teachers, program partners, and other stakeholders. Opportunities to publish on Right Brain’s blog may also be available.
This internship is ideal for those interested in arts education, documentation or evaluation. This is an unpaid position; school credit is possible based on your educational program.
This internship requires a minimum of 10 hours per week. The term of this position lasts from September 15 to December 10 2010, with an option to renew quarterly, based on an intern review.
• Attention to detail
• Dedication to quality
• Dedication to organizational systems to accomplish complicated tasks
• Ability to learn quickly
• Ability to take careful notes during meetings
• Ability to work independently, with initiative
• Ability to remain flexible and focused in a fast-paced environment
• Sincere interest in arts education
• Close familiarity with Microsoft Excel
• Coursework or experience in K-8 education
• Photography and/or videography skills
• Photo and video editing skills.
• Familiarity with online file sharing
• Familiarity with creating and sharing podcasts and video.
• Familiarity with Photoshop CS
• Excellent writing for communications
• Ability to travel to various schools throughout the Portland metropolitan area.
Please submit resume, cover letter and two references to Kendra Yao, Program Specialist at email@example.com by September 1, 2010. Digital applications only, please.